Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How far would you go to protect a child,is there acceptable lies?

My friend is in a situation where she discovered after getting pregnant everything about this guy is a lie.She fears what he may do or not do to her or the unborn baby.The police and courts for now will not do anything since he has not crossed enough as the call it lines with her and if they bother him it will violate his civil rights,she can't afford an attorney to help.He has a record for abuse,driving while drunk and some other issues.It has been suggested that she either get a restraining order which is only good if it gets enforced or she move out of the area and make him believe until the baby is born it died where she can go to family court and get something done,finally.She has been in hospital already for preterm and worry next time could really hurt her or baby.What would you do,advice ladies worried for her.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

Answers (9)
  • She doesn't need to make him believe anything. She needs to get away from him. She can go to court and ask for a peace order.


    Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • what exactly has he done to make her soo scared of him....if he were some ex-con or murderer and tried to harm her before she should get the restraining order, and a roommate!

    Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • Op here:She went to file and they told her being she discovered he is a liar and has gotten verbally abusive as of now is not enough and his past history does not factor in even though he on probation for it still.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • cut me off before i could finish his last girlfriend lost a child from his abuse so she a bit worried what he could do,especially being he drinks.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • OP, a peace order and a protective order are NOT the same thing. If she can't get a protective order (restraining order) she can get a peace order.


    Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • legalmommy101 :Thanks will pass on the information and have her get it addressed right away tomorrow.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • I feel do what is best for the health of mom and baby.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

  • she needs to break all ties no calls no going an seeing him move away from where ever he is an get a restraining order put on him they can use abuse or aggervated assualt try that if doesnt work then i would say go to court an further it! good luck stay safe

    Answer by ohmama213 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

  • she doesnt have to be in the same state as him there is no law. only if she wants money for the baby then it could be an issue other than that yeah i would just leave his ass.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
Early Labor signs?

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN