Help..

My son is 19 months old and just discovered what is in his diaper. Now he walks around the house with his hand down his pants. I know this is normal and that he is just curious but isn't this a bit early? I'm scared he is going to do it at church. Any advice? Do I just ignore it?

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 11:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no i wouldnt ignore it i would use it as an opportunity to begin potty training him!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I just told my son NO very firmly in inappropriate places. I didn't add do that in any specific place - every in appropriate place I firmly said no. And when he was at it for a time that seemed too long I said the same thing NO very firmly.

He didn't feel guilty or bad being told NO because I did't say it was. Also I never praised him for it. Little boys privates dangling in their pants is just a new sensation, danging outside their clothes is even more - it's just new and fun that's all.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:11 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Some do this their entire lives...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with your child exploring his body. if anything I would be concerned that he wasnt interested in in his body and what is what! there is nothing to be ashamed of.. just encourage him not to do it in publice
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 8:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2010