labor contractions plz fill me in on what they really feel like?

I have not even had braxton hicks contractions and i only have two weeks before my due date, im just wondering if the pain is going to hit me all of the sudden and i be like WTF is that lol? What do they feel like? My mom said they feel like poop cramps TMI.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• UR MAMA IS RIGHT IT DO FEEL LIKE INTENSE POOP CRAMPS>>>>>>LOL
    lilmechi225

Answer by lilmechi225 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• oh yeah, well my mama almost had me in a toilet. HA
    Well they hurt like hell
    & honey, you'll know!
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:22 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Eventually they feel like abdominal cramping like you would feel with intense diahhrea. But they start off like mild menstrual cramps that come and go every few minutes. The closeness that they start at can vary but TYPICALLY they start far about (like 15 minutes or so) but with my last baby (born on Monday) they started off 4 minutes apart from the first one. I can honestly say that they didnt hurt til 15 hours into labor (12 hours after my water broke) and then an hour after that, he was here
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• everyone is diff. to me- mine felt like really bad menstrual cramps. i never had the "omfg, how am i going to get through this ctx" like some women say they felt. i didn't have an epi either.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i also describe them as "poop" cramps like your mom. =) it's kind of like when you really have to go but you can't just yet. only more intense. they usually do start off less intense and get more and more intense as birth comes closer. :) for me they were quite painful but not nearly as painful as i feared, and i also didn't get an epi. never felt like the pain was not manageable.

oh i also never had any BH. i started feeling just crampy for the entire night before my son was born, so in retrospect, i call that early labor. i don't really think of that as contrax because i did sleep through most of it although i woke up a lot thinking how uncomfortable and crampy i was! so i never felt a "real" contraction until the day my son was born. i went from crampy to intense contrax within an hour or 2 after my water broke in the shower
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2010