TMI question...shaving/waxing...

I was just wondering who plans on shaving or waxing before giving birth? I'm pregnant with my 3rd child and only started shaving after my second child was born. I find it difficult to shave at this point in the 8th month but being unshaven is starting to irritate me. I know drs are accustom to all sorts of "grooming" but I'm not. I was just wondering who plans to shave (if possible) before giving birth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• me since its my elective c section its my 3rd as well an i am also 8 months pregnant id rather me do it then them do it the day they cut me open mames me feel clean too because when i dont shave i swet allot an i can literally tmi but smell it so if i stay shaved its better!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i shaved the entire pregnancy i shaved about 2 days before i gave birth so there was a little stubble but yea that was it...funny thing is though after i had my ds i stopped shaving and i just keep it trimmed now .. i went through all that trouble during when i couldnt even see and now i dont even care lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• lol ditto to anon 12:42
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I would just keep mine trimmed that close to labor. (I keep it shaved otherwise.) Also, if you have freshly shaved skin, you can catch infection easier from all of the gunk that comes out during labor.... Just keep it trimmed back and you can be confident and comfortable.
    I imagine reecovering with an itchy stuble would not be fun......
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I was induced with #1 and #2 and I shaved the night before my inductions, as well as all the way through my pregnancies. This time I was scheduled to be induced tomorrow but the baby came early. On Sunday I shaved and went into labor like 2 hours later!! I just cant handle the thought of my business being out there and having it look exactly like it does on a daily basis. Had I not shaved that day, I wouldnt have thought to before I headed to the hospital so I am glad that I did!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I hope to shave. I shave now and i feel cleaner.
    HardyGirl19

Answer by HardyGirl19 at 2:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• lol. a friend of mine told me when i was pregnant i should start shaving daily around 36 weeks because her son came at 37 weeks and she wasn't expecting it and her legs were hairy because she hadn't shaved for 4 days or whatever and she was so embarrassed. i said "Christen, I haven't shaved for over a year, so i don't think i'm going to worry about it." i can't believe that she was actually worried about something like that while she was in labor! =D
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I've shaved for years, and with my son I remember "attempting" to shave clean the day I went into labor....bit belly...hard to see. I agree, I feel more clean and will continue to as long as I can. I'm 22 weeks now and it's getting to be a bit more challenging. It's funny what we women worry about during labor isn't? I was worried (with my first) that my toenails were unpainted and took polish to the hospital....silly girls!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 10:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I am also in my 8th month and starting to have a hard time shaving down there also. I think I agree with the pp that said to just keep it trimmed later in pregnancy, it seems easier as I cant seem to get a good shave when i cant see past my belly. As for legs, Its winter and I'm not gonna do it everyday, I think I'll start doing it once a week a little closer to my due date just so they arent terribly hairy.
    Anonymous