How long did were you engaged before you were married or promised to marry if you don't have an engagement ring?

We were engaged in the fall and married early winter.

lfl

Asked by lfl at 12:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 6 weeks. We didn't really want to get married when we did. It wasn't really something we had even talked about. We lived together and had a baby on the way. There was no reason to get married. My family really pushed us in to it. Now, I think we both wish we would have told them to shove it. I hate the idea of marriage and so does my DH. I love him and planned (then and now) to be with him the rest of my life, but marriage was a mistake for us... It's very demeaning!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• 3 years. We were engaged in Feb, 2000 and married in April, 2003.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i was engaged jan and married in march of 2008. We got prego in feb so we said we wanted to get married before the baby came since we wanted to do it anyway
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• 4 months.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 12:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Good question!
    We've been together since 07, had a baby in 08, and still are not engaged. The thing is, we're young. Quite honestly, I want a ring but I don't want to get married (I'm a sparrow- I like anything shiny. And besides, I hate the fact that when I'm trying to make a good impression at a PR event, I can't talk about my son without feeling like defending the fact that I don't have a ring.) When we got pregnant, the people around us who were married seemed to be miserable, in the midst of divorce or soon getting to that point...we didn't want that battle. I think when our son is a bit older and can participate in the ceremony, we'll go for it. But until then I'm happy to keep my last name- it's prettier.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 12:55 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• We were "engaged" about 2 days. Literally. We met in February 97 and we married November 97. We've been together ever since. But we only discussed marriage about two days before we actually got married.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 1:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My husband started courting me in May 2002 - - courting, not just dating, because we discussed on our first date that we were both looking towards marriage - - we were engaged in Oct 2003 and married in Aug 2004. We had our first baby in Jan 07 and our second in Dec 08.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• We were engaged December 2006 and married in May 2008
    Court2231

Answer by Court2231 at 4:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• We had been together 6months before we got married we never got "engaged". He looked at me and said so when do you want to get married? and I said eh when you get paid. December 1st (pay day) we went got rings and got married.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• We were engaged two years before we married. We were together almost 4 years before we married so together 2 years before engaged and 4 years before we married.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 5:07 AM on Jan. 12, 2010