Do you let your Children have coffee?

OK so apparently there's this post going around about whether or not to give you child coffee. So Ladies what do you think? Do you or do you not.

My daughter is 29 months and she loves coffee and i even drank ti regularly while pregnant w her. And I do see anything wrong w her or it. Honestly were talking about what maybe 2 oz that shes getting.

So what your thoughts on this. Do you or don't you give your children coffee.

danigurl9999

Asked by danigurl9999 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• he has had a few drinks... the first time i gave it to him black thinking he would hate and not want to touch it anymore...he loved it!!

i don't give it to him because i don't think he needs the caffeine.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• No, I do not give my daughter ANY coffee. She most certainly does NOT need the caffeine, LOL.
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 12:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Nope! I do not think that the cafeine is good for kids. MY kids don't get caffeinated soda either.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Absolutely NOT! Coffee isn't even good for adults no less children. My kids don't get anything but milk, water and juice. I will tell you straight up, I think you are doing your child an injustice and causing her harm. I don't think you are being wise by giving your child coffee. I would recommend you sign up for some health courses to learn about nutrition.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• my 2 1/2 year old loves coffee too. her brother hates it though LOL

Yes, I give her sips of mine, but not like her own full cup or anything. Yes I've let her finish off a cold cup too. Have had no adverse reactions like her going bonkers from the caffeine or anything.

everything in moderation is my rule :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• NO! We don't drink it either... but only because we don't like the taste. But our son doesn't get soft drinks either - no caffeine.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My daughter "thinks" she is getting coffee but is actually getting hot chocolate. When she was about 6 she asked us for a cup of coffee after school at a near by coffee shop that we liked to frequent. We told her no coffee. She looked straight into my husband's eyes and said "turn this car around 'buddy' and get me some coffee!" It was so funny that we did turn the car around to get her some "coffee/chocolate". She is nine now and loves coffee, but we only allow her decaf on very rare occasions.

sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 12:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• NO caffeine for my son. I let him lick the lid of my lattes and always get him an 8 oz "coffee" (starbucks cup filled with milk usually.) He thinks he is pretty cool walking around with that.

I, however am a caffeine addict and have to have Starbucks every day at least once. Lucky for me, I work there so it is free. :)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:43 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Nope . . . no soda, no coffee . . just water and milk.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I've heard people say that it's helpful for ADD, which isn't surprising considering that stimulants are often prescribed for it.
    I'd let maybe a 12 year old have a frap or a latte, but nothing stronger.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:04 AM on Jan. 12, 2010