• In the Spotlight:

i am 40 lbs overweight and when I have intercourse with my husband the sperm tend to come out even if i stay laying down, could this be why i can't conceive, and does this happen to others who aren't overweight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• semen will come out even if the guy is fully in no matter what... a little bit of sperm is all you need in order to get pregnant you don't need all of it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• No, happens to everyone regardless of weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i was about 50lbs overweight and i tried to get preg and i couldnt, i decided to stop trying and focus on losing some weight. after losing 15lbs, i found out i was preg. OB said that most likely it was the weight loss that enabled me to get pregnant. so it could be that you can lose a couple of lbs or it could be something else. that was just my experience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• The reason you arent getting pregnant is most likely because you are over weight. IT is proven that women who are over weight have more trouble than women who are not. Try to lose some weight and then it may come easier to you.
    No you being over weight has nothing to do with it coming out. It does with everyone.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• when i got pregnant i was at least 100 lbs overweight...and i got pregnant the first time me and my then bf had sex..(wasnt my first time having sex, just the first time with that guy) so i dont believe weight has anything to do with not getting pregnant
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• It does have something to do with it for some people. Look it up if you dont believe.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• You could have a tilted uterus which has nothing to do with your weight. Its an internal issue. Now there could be bigger issues at play with things like PCOS that could be related to your weight, but a quick fix for your escaping semen is to stick a pillow or two under your butt immediately after he leaves his deposit, and say in that position with your vajayjay higher than your abdomen for about 30 minutes before standing up.  If you still continue to not get pregnant, talk with yoru doctor.   Inexpensive diabetic meds can actually be quite sucessful for helping ovulation occur if you have PCOS at play

karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:06 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• happens to us all the time. use a pillow under your hips that might help!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I'm a size 5 and it happens to me too! I don't think that part has anything to do with weight. However conception can be difficult for those that are overweight...PCOS is very common in overweight women and is notorious for making conception especially difficult.
    Anonymous