IF YOUR TUBES R TIED DO U REGRET GETTING IT DONE?? DO YOU FEEL LIKE U MADE A MISTAKE?

lilmechi225

Asked by lilmechi225 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nope. Glad they are tied. It was best for me. considering I have health issues.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Yep, regret it BIG time. After the birth of my last child, I was 26 seperated from my alchoholic abusive husband and the father of this child was irresponsible, self centered and ... well a whole host of other terms to discribe the jerk he is. I figured my life wasn't gonna get any better and I didn't want to keep having babies with fathers that were useless.
    Now I have been with a man for 5 years who is amazing and wonderful and treats my sons and his ex wifes kids like they are his own AND is an incredible father to his one biological daughter. His ex wifes kids come over all the time to spend weekends and holidays with us and call him Dad. The kids I babysit adore him and the baby I do care for will throw a tantrum until Mike picks him up.
    I would love to give him a child that is biologically ours together. I know he would be an amazing father. He already goes above and beyond for the 5 he claims as his.
    lildudesmomma

Answer by lildudesmomma at 5:10 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Yes and no. I went yrs w/o regretting it, and was actually very glad I did it. It was very freeing to know that even if a condom broke, pregnancy was the one thing I DIDN'T have to worry about. And then...I met my boyfriend. It didn't start right away, but as he and I got to know each other and fell in love, as I watched how he was with my kids, I began to wish I hadn't had it done. It would be nice to be able to decide to have a child with him and then just do it. Instead, if we make that decision (which we have discussed), we'll have to save money for either a reversal or in vitro, both of which are very expensive and kind of take the fun out of trying, you know?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:20 AM on Jan. 12, 2010