Grandparent problems??

So my husbands mother is a baby stealer. lol she loves to sleep with the babies in her room which i can understand but this is my first child and i kinda dont want her taking my baby in the middle of the night expecially when i need to go get my child to feed. I dont want to be rude to his mother because i want to stay on her good side. help?! I'm 34 weeks and as every week goes by i get worried, any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• do you live with her? If you live in a separate house, I don't see how she could possibly steal your baby in the night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Yes I'm going to be living with her when my childs born
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• maybe just lock your door?
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 1:20 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• that's just what I was gonna say gypsy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• No lock on the door =[
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• then buy a new door knob at walmart, they are like $15
    Anonymous

• its not my house to change door knobs plus they like the whole "old fashion" EVERYTHING in that house
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• YOu can tell her without being rude. It's your right as a mother to tell her you don't want her taking your child in the middle of the night.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Tell her that the baby is to stay in the room with you unless you otherwise say.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• just tell her that since you're bfing that you don't want to have to go into their room and get your child to feed him or for them to bring him to you.
    or, just tell her that you don't want to be rude, but since this is your first baby, you want to have him in the room w/ you. don't give her a time frame, bc she'll hold it to you.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2010