I need some advice on what I should be feeding my 17 month old son!!

He seems to not like table food very much, and I'm sure he's getting tired of the same old baby food!! Help!!

SuperMomma3081

Asked by SuperMomma3081 at 1:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I feed my daughter everything that we are eating, we stopped baby food before 12 months. Just feed them regular food.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My son eats what ever we are eating. Try some scrambled eggs with veggies pured in it. or pasta shells with peas. Any form of noodles/pasta always goes over well here.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 2:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Our son has also been eating whatever we eat since 12 months (he is now 18 months).....here are some of his favorites:
    scrambled eggs with veggies, cheese, lunch meat, anything else you want to throw in there! (My son loves ketchup on them too.)
    Homemade pizza with whole grain english muffins, pasta sauce, shredded moz cheese and veggies
    black beans, chicken and corn all mixed together with some taco seasoning
    just plain peas, I keep a bag of frozen and heat them up for him in the microwave
    apple slices and cheddar cheese for snacks
    turkey burgers with shredded carrots mixed in and/or sweet potatoe fries
    celery sticks, carrots, or sliced bell peppers.
    kiwi, orange slices, bananas!
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• cooked beans
    tofu cubes dipped in soy or other sauce
    hummus mixed with a hard boiled egg
    avocado cubes
    oatmeal
    scrambled egg
    whole grain bread
    whole wheat tortillas
    brown rice
    baked sweet potato
    broccoli and whole grain pasta with marinara or cheese sauce
    frozen blueberries, corn, peas

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My son boycotted baby food at 8 months! He's 19 months now and eats what we eat. He loves hotdogs, green beans, carrots, grapes, cherry tomatoes, watermelon, apples, meat loaf, jello jigglers, avacado, sweet potatoes, broccoli, coliflower and yougart, granola bars.
    I have found if you make it exciting they will give it a try, so if you shy away from veggies he will also.
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 10:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i would say put some extra spice to the food. some children need that. when did you stop feeding your baby baby food? or is he still eating it? it sounds silly but try adding chunks to the baby food to try and ween him off of it. like bananna baby food, add chunks of banana. or it may sound cruel to some, but what you are eating, that is what he is to eat. if you are having eggs for breakfast thats it that is what he gets! he will get hungry enough and he will be happy to eat whatever it is you are giving him at some point of the day
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 7:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2010