Allergic Reaction

My 10 month old has a rash on her face that started a couple of days ago and I thought her cheeks were just chapped from the cold, but now it has spread to her chin. I have been putting Aquaphore and lotion on it with no luck. What did reactions on your babies look like and if that is infact what it is, what can I do to get rid of it?

MsMallory09

Asked by MsMallory09 at 2:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter had a rash on her face and her chest and tummy when she was around that age or a little younger and she also had a slight fever. I took her to the doctor to get checked out and he thought that it was most likely Roseola, but the rash usually comes after the fever...

Has she eaten anything new? Has she been teething and drooling a lot? Those can cause rashes too. I'd just maybe call the doctor's office and ask a nurse. It can't hurt! Good luck! Hope the rash goes away soon!
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 2:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• usually an allergic reaction doesn't last days unless you keep on giving a certain food continually for that period of time or keep taking him/her to the same place for that period of time (environmental allergies). it's most likely something else that's causing the rash. keep tabs on whether she has a fever or not and call the doc to explain how the rash is behaving and whether there is a fever or not. is it spotty? is it painful for your LO? does your LO scratch at it? since it is so close to the face i would be very careful to see the doc before it gets close to the mouth. i'm not a doc but as a mom i wouldn't like the idea of a rash getting inside my baby's mouth.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 4:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2010