Have you noticed that many Generation Y Mother's on this site are morally bankrupt?

Post after post I see from Generation Y leaves me in disbelief. They generally are the ones that say it's ok to lie, steal and cheat. as long as it benefits them. There is an epidemic of of un wed mothers, as well as those that depend on PA in order to provide for theirself and children from this generation. There is a larger percentage of them that do not believe in religion as well. They often believe in self entitlement. Will each generation contine to be downhill

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As time passes so do values, moral, family etc. it's sad I wish that this world could go back to when my grandparents were kids and holidays were celebrated and more family oriented, and where kids had more respect for their parents, and when there was less lying, cheating and stealing it just seems like now a days anything goes and it's sad to even watch the news for instance and seeing kids bringing weapons to schools and ppl killing other ppl for no good reason. This world just get more and more insane with every passing moment.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 2:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I am 26 and am not this way at all. I think that there are ridiculous people in all generations. I also don't think there is anything wrong with being unwed or being a single mother, lots of people don't believe marriage is needed my dad and mom were together but not married before he died for almost 2o years. I also don't think using PA is a bad thing as long as it isn't abused. I had to use it with my first pregnancy because my husbands insurance refused to add me because we had missed open enrollment while on out honeymoon. If they don't try to get off the assistance that is where I take issue, it is great to get you where you need to go but shouldnt be an income.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I do agree that the world we live in is disgraceful, and would love to go back to a simpler time, but there are too many people in this world with too many opinions on what a 'good' life is, and that is why our world is devoid of true goodness, but there are many that go great things, and that add to the world instead of take away from it. I think that you need to earn what you are given and that isn't the popular thought of our time. I also notice that with the downturn of religion or spiritual responsibility we have an up swing in crime, STDs, abortions, and people who need welfare. Responsibility is learned and does not come naturally, I just hope that enough of us teach our kids to do right that it will turn around someday, I have to have faith in that to make i through life.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Something you have to consider is the fact that much of a person's attitude and morality is derived from their parents. So... doesn't that mean that all these so-called "Generation Y-ers" you speak of are being taught these values by the older generations? I agree that morality has been slipping as of late, but I think it's a bit more complicated than just blaming the current generation. Think about it: People are constantly blaming television, music, etc. for kids' bad choices and lack of morals. But it isn't like these kids developed the television shows that they watch - the older generations did that. So, if you are going to blame the lack of values the current generation holds on something, start by looking at their predecessors, first.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 2:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I think you are naive to judge a woman based on her marital status and religious veiws. I am not married. I believe in my relationship and in marriage but not the same way you do because I am also not religious.
    I work hard for my family as does my fiance. We do qualify for some forms of PA but dont and wont use it. I find a certain pride in the ability to provide for my own family.
    I live my life with purpose and love for people around me. I value family tremendously and can appreciate the wisdom that comes with age. I go out of my way for strangers because I WANT to not because of some fear that I might not make it to heaven some day. So please, tell me how I have more of a selfish motive than you do? I hate that in some veiws "Good person" and "Christian" go hand in hand. I am a good person and not a Christian. I am also 22 years old with morals and values. Just not the same as yours.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Forgot to mention, that I have never stolen or cheated and I dont lie. (Although I wont say that I have NEVER lied, that would be a lie.)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:15 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I just want to say your post makes sense, but how could you be upset at an unwed mother, myself, who supports her child with out PA. I am a successful woman who does have a child out of wedlock and AM NOT with the father.

Do I think morales are lacking in our generation, completely. We also feel everything should be handed to us. I am sometimes ashamed to put myself in this category. Anyways, I am almost 26 years old now, not that that matters, but just giving you an idea of where I am age wise.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 4:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• It is nice to see that you above posters have seen an older generations observation among your generation. While not all Generation Y fall into the above mentioned things, so many do. It really it heartbreaking to see so many of the younger generation not having the same principles that the older ones have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• The people you are talking about learned it from the generation prior.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 5:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• It is definitely the way that these girls were raised. We had a discussion about bullying in the elementary moms group, and I was horrified to discover that parent teach their kids to hit, and hit hard when they are being bullied (yes, verbally).

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2010