Trying to decide on a convertible car seat for my little one....

Would like to hear from other parents what brand/model they are using and what they like and/or don't like about it. If you had a really bad experience with a car seat tell me which one it is so I can avoid it. Thanks!

Court128

Asked by Court128 at 2:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• um... ya i agree with the pp lol
    clarasmommy08

Answer by clarasmommy08 at 3:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• The Nautilus is NOT a convertible seat. If you are looking for a forward facing this is a good choice though.
    If you are looking at a true convertible, a seat that goes forward and rear facing then there are a few really good choices out there.
    It looks like in another post you were looking at the Corroco, which as far as convertibles go is pretty pathetic for the cost... it only rear faces to 33 lbs and forward to 40 lbs. There are many seats in the same price range that would last MUCH longer.
    I would look at these: (both within the same price range as the Corroco)
    Graco Myride 65 - rear faces to 40 lbs and forward to 65 lbs
    First Years True Fit- Rear faces to 35 lbs and forward to 65 lbs
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:05 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I have several cosco brands and an eddie bauer (they are all made by durell juvenile group). I have not had any problems. The convertibles are a bit hard to install rear facing, but once they are in, they are in! It's a brease to install forward facing. My duaghter likes them and is comfortable. She's small, so height weight issues have never been a problem. I"m not 100% what they are any more. I did have a problem with an older model pintching her legs. I contacted DJG and they sent a new crotch strap/buckle at no charge. I also had on of the straps start to twist after 2 years of use. I contacted DJG and they sent a new one. All I paid was shipping. They are very good about keeping the products in working condition.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• we are using the eddie bauer delux version. it goes from infant 5 pounds all the way up to booster seat at 100 pounds. I have no complaints! :) well other than how much it cost which was around $200
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 7:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2010