Why do women on Cafemom?...................

Just something I've been thinking about today, I feel women come on here to seek advice and opinions on a situation in their life that they are having a hard time with and I personally love the fact that I can come on here and ask for help or advice and get advice and ideas, I think it's great! So my question is why do some women answer with such sarcasm, and so nasty sometimes? I just don't get it, to me if I can give advice to someone and help them out in any way shape or form it makes me feel good that I could help someone else. Just wondering what you ladies thought about this, nothing thats going on right now on here, just a pattern I've been noticing alot on here.

jsimonds220

Asked by jsimonds220 at 2:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am surprised you only noticed it now, it gets so bad on here sometimes I want to never come back. Some people ask questions for drama but I personally think they need help even if the question sounds stupid. Some people just don't know some things that seem obvious, and I try to help if I can, and if I can't I say I can't but I will look into it or I won't answer. Some people come on here for the sole purpose of being mean and nasty. I notice that my real questions hardly get answers where as the drama ones get sooo many responses. I just wade through the BS to get to the real helpful stuff, I find myself ignoring posts if they even seen to start sarcastic or rude. It is immature in all honesty, and adults shouldn't act that way but they do. Let's go back to the 'if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all." I will tell others if I think they are wrong or misinformed on a subject, but not to be mean.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• some people jet off on feeling like they are better than everyone else - it doesn't mean they are, it just means they enjoy it. And it is so much easier to do when behind a computer screen.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 2:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i wonder the same thing. they are cruel. if u misspell something, they basically call u stupid or a prob w/dh and they tell you to just leave him. they're just so nasty
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• truealas you are an exception on here. I have not seen any negative replies from you. You are a breath of fresh air.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Thank you ladies for your responses this is op here and I try to come on here with an open mind and to respect what everyone is asking on here and I agree some ppl come on here just looking to start trouble, I just feel someone could be in a really sensitive state at the time and some of the responses they get on here could really effect them in a negative way, it makes me feel really good when I receive e-mails from women thanking me for my advice and it also makes me feel good when women give me advice in a kind caring manner and I appriceiate the fact ppl take time out to read my questions and respond being open and honest it is nice to get another woman's point of view on a topic or to get advice from another woman who went through exactly what I am going through at the time and It is just very hurtful when they make fun or treat you like a flipper head. So to all you lovely ladies I give thanks and I appriceiate all the..
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 2:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• ...cont.....thoughtful responses you ladies are great thanks again:)
    jsimonds220

• I agree, you have to put yourself in their shoes, how would you like to be treated. I want respectful help not bashing and nasty snipes. I also appreciate to positive on here, and hope I can help and be helped in a nice manner. I am glad that I am not the only one getting fed up.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I think that sometimes people forget that there are others on the other end, people with feelings. I do get sarcastic and snitty sometimes when I feel personally insulted by a post. But other then that, I think women on here just don't care.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 3:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Sometimes I do it because the question has been repeated over and over and over again. Sometimes I do it because people are asking/stating issues just to start drama, plus they do it under an anon name. I also get annoyed with some questions when it is completely obvious what the answer is.

Like.... I took three pregnancy tests they all were negative, can I be pregnant?

I give advice some times, I give smart ass comments some times as well.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 3:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Like I was helping a woman about cheap birth control and was explaining how cheap PP can be. I went on to explain about how I had bv and next thing I know some one was bringing it up in every thread I commented in like I had just admitted to having herpes or something. BV is a bacterial infection that is just as common to get as a yeast infection. Has NOTHING to do with sex.

Sorry about the rant
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 3:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2010