Senator Reid a racist behind closed doors?

What do you think about this? One of the "good guys" being caught being racist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You know I think these ppl hold back alot and bite their tongues and he let himself slip up and I bet now he is kicking himself in the a** for it!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 3:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• He's certainly not the only one! In fact BIDEN has been known to make a few "slips" and tell some "off-color" jokes! However, there is nothing some of these guys won't do to further their political careers.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=2838420&page=1

"Biden is taking some heat for comments he made to the New York Observer, in which he said of Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., a rival for the nomination: "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

"Donna Brazile, the former campaign manager for Al Gore's 2000 presidential campaign and a prominent African-American political consultant. "Years ago when white folks referred to black people with education they often used words like articulate."

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Everyone has a degree of prejudice behind closed doors. Everyone, is prejudiced against something. The sad thing about people like this ( Lott, Clinton, Reid) is that stuff like this is said so often and let to slip by without confrontation because of who they are it becomes normal conversation for them. Until, everyone in hearing space of remarks like these speak up and say something and do something about it, racism will continue. Not stopping it is the same as allowing it. The people he was speaking to that did not address it immediately are just as racist and guilty of what Reid did.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Add Bill Clinton to that list as well. When will the black population wake up to the fact that they have been hustled by the dem party for the last 40 years?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• The Dem party is racist in many ways. They are the party that believe minorities cannot do anything without their help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Obama backs senator who used racist language against him

http://www.malaysianews.net/story/587476

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Everyone is racist or sexist or something-ist in some way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Add Blago to the list too

lmao I was sitting on the train listening to a podcast and I glanced over at the guy reading the paper across from me and that was one of the headlines. My first though was F***ing idiot. As if he didn't have enough problems already. Blago has foot in mouth disease.

Oh as for the OP. I dont think Reid is racist (how many times has this been posted now 11?) just guilty of an asinine comment.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 10:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• thought*

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:00 AM on Jan. 12, 2010