I want your opinion.......

due date today, no baby boy just yet but anyday now, and I am just wondering what is the best type of baby bottles and formula to buy now a days? I have a 3yr old son and bought what was best when he was born but don't know what type or brand to buy now what should I buy mamas Thank you:)

jsimonds220

Asked by jsimonds220 at 3:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I take a prescribed medication and do not want to risk it passing through breastmilk to my newborn, that is why I plan to feed by bottle. So any suggestions would be greatly appriceiated thank you.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 4:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My son was able to drink from all of the different bottles. It varies from child to child to be honest. Sometimes even the expensive bottles aren't worth the money. As for formula, when I was at work, my son had to be on it, again he wasn't picky, so I used generic "gentle" brand.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 4:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• thank you for your response, i just googled and for best bottle the one i actually planned on trying popped up and that was the playtex drop ins so i think i'll try those and with my son i used enfamil lipil so maybe i'll try that again and see how it works with my new little one again thank you for you response i appreceiate it:)
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 4:20 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Dr. Browns bottles were WONDERFUL for our son. In tight money situations we tried the cheapo bottles and wouldnt even waste the .98 cents on one again. They left him frustrated because he had to let go while eating, to let air in so the milk could come out.
    We used similac sensitive but wish I would have discovered the Costco brand earlier. It is way cheaper and by comparing the labels, I found that it is the exact same thing.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:22 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• thank you for your response jenellemarie I heard Dr. Browns were good as well now your giving me something to think about I appricieate you help.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 4:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I love the playtex ventaire bottles they are great, I like the skinny ones because it was easier for her to start to hold. I had to stop BFing early and we tried several formulas, and Similac early shield was the absolute best, it didn't constipate her like every other kind did, and it had great nutrition and vitamins. Enfamil has more of some things but is way tooo expensive and isn't that much better. Similac seems to be the most gentle.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Now didn't I tell you in an earlier post to get some rest? You are antsy about this baby aren't you? I was that way too. Try to rest you will need it I promise.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:28 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• YES!! i am having really bad insomnia right now having a really hard time sleeping and my hips are KILLING me so bad as well. Thanks again. I will try and rest now have a good rest of the night.:)
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 4:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• good night try sleeping propped up with a ton of pillows that is how I handled the hip pain.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I used the platex drop ins for both my sons but the little boy I babysit has the Dr Browns and I wish they had been around when my boys were babies. They are awesome. Definately worth whatever they cost! I love the fact that he can drink it without needing to stop and burp. I remember the screaming with my boys. He is able to just HOOVER that bottle back and burp at the end. Also he spits up very little and very rarely with them.
    lildudesmomma

Answer by lildudesmomma at 5:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2010