Is Diarrehea a sign of labor?

I've heard that is is and my body seems to be getting very near that, but I'm not sure if it is actually a sign of labor or not. The information I have found simply says that labor may begin "soon", but that is such a broad generalization. Soon could mean in a week or in a few hours. All along in my pregnancy, I have been pretty...regular...but this week, I have been going more frequently and tonight, I started having diarrhea. I'm really hoping to go into labor soon...and by soon, I mean as soon as possible...tonight would be good. Anyway, anyone have any experience with this?

kittybebes

Asked by kittybebes at 5:00 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is a sign that it is coming but not a good one for when. It could be tonight, or next week but it is most likely less than a week out if you are flushing like that.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:02 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Just let your obgyn know. Its just like you said a general idea that "hey, get ready" but who knows!! Just keep an eye on the other signs.GL mamas
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I had it both times but it was after my labor had started and contractions were about 7 min apart. However, as baby continues to push down lower, I would expect more trips to the bathroom. Make sure you continue to drink a lot of water to replenish what you are losing! Congrats and good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I'm having this problem as well.... Are you having contractions with it at all?? I feel like I'm having them... Have you talked to your doctor... I didn't know if this was a big problem so I haven't talked to mine yet :S
    Anonymous

• No, I am not having any more contractions than normal, but I did find myself scouring the house today for no apparent reason. I go to the doctor tomorrow, so I will be sure to bring up my symptoms then. Everything I am experiencing seems to be pretty common, so I'm not too concerned. I just want this baby out NOW.
    kittybebes

Answer by kittybebes at 8:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2010