What's your "My water broke!!!" story?!?!

I was just laying here in bed, hubby nice and close spooning and had a thought..."what if my water broke right now, he would FLIP out!!" lol. I was curious to what some of your stories were. I was also curious to, if you have a c-section how does your water breaking work, do they just do it in surgery? i had an emergency one my first round and going to have a planned one for this round.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• After I went to the bathroom at home (39 weeks) I was walking down the hall and thought I was still peeing. Went back to the toilet and could push more out. It had white chunks in it. And kept coming if I would push it. I left and gushed again down my pants. It just kept coming. :-}
    I kept on gushing like that for a while, no labor (no contractions).
    Over a week later I did have a nice out of hospital waterbirth, though!

With the next birth, the water broke as baby's head was crowning (another waterbirth)-- she was almost born in the intact sac. I was hoping! Oh well! ;-)

With the cesarean, if the sac breaks prior- fine, it will be cut into with the surgery either way.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:09 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I was laying in bed and when I stood up I felt a bit of a trickle. I knew that I was supposed to lay down for half an hour and see if more came out after that. I woke up my husband to tell him what was going on and just before I was about to stand up again I felt a grating pop and then there was water EVERYWHERE. From there I started labour about 20 minutes later. 5 hours after that I had my beautiful baby boy
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 7:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I was induced with my first baby and my water broke while they were doing my epi... all over my husband's and the nurses's shoes.... :-) kind of embarrasing, especially since I didn't know what it was and thought I peed on them :-)
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 8:04 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I'm pregnant with my 5th and my water has never broken on it's own. With my 1st I was 8 cm when I got to the hospital and my water was still intact - they broke it for me. With the next 2 they broke it in the hospital while I was in labor. My 4th was a planned csection, and my 5th will be as well.

Answer by missanc at 9:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• With my first son my water broke while I was trying to get an epidural, at which point I decided I no longer wanted any ******* drugs and they needed to leave me alone.

With baby Jett, I was thinking I was probably in labor so I was talking with my sister on the phone, telling her that I figured my contractions would go away because I was about to go to bed, I was expecting to wake up in the morning just as pregnant as ever. I hung up with her and stood up off the couch and my water broke. There was a pop feeling and water everywhere. Just so you know, when they say go to the hospital if you water breaks, it's a very good idea. I didn't, I waited around for a while and my son was very very close to being born in the car, lol.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• my water broke the night before i was scheduled to be induced. I was using the bathroom and i told my mom "i cant stop peeing". She was like "its your water, you idiot"...so we went to the hospital and i was dialated to 2 and they decided to keep me since i was coming in the next morning anyways to be induced...so i was in labor all night long and finally when the doctor came in the next morning he decided to induce me because i was only at a 4 by the time he got there...the inducing caused my son to become very active and get tangled in the cord and i had to have an emergency csection.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I was 42w and 3 days with my first and my midwife wanted me to have my child naturally but the day I had an appointment, she wasn't there so a doctor decided to thin the membranes. Nothing happened but a little bleeding and cramps. Later that night I was sleeping and I felt like I had to pee. I get up and half way up the steps it gushed. i was half asleep so I just assumed I finally peed on myself. It didnt stop so I kinda woke up and realized so I called BF to come take me to the hospital.
    PhatAttack

Answer by PhatAttack at 9:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• my water broke in the shower at 41 weeks. i wasn't sure because i was in the shower, but i thought i felt a gush coming from my vagina. then i went downstairs for breakfast, and when i sat down i felt a definite gush and there was fluid in my robe when i stood up. w/in 2 hours my contractions were coming fast and intense!

w/ c-section i am pretty sure they break the bag of waters during surgery (unless it has broken by itself already) and suction it out...?
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I was 38 weeks and 6 days with my first. I was laying in bed and felt like I peed the bed. Got up went to the toliet and nothing came out. Went back to bed. Same thing happened. So I went back to the bathroom. Nothing again. So I called my midwife to ask her about it. Well she was in a concert and had to call me back when she got outside. Well after we got off the phone there was a big gush and sure enough my water broke. I was just so glad I decided to stay sitting on the toliet. Called hubby at work to come home because we are having a baby. My midwife called back aske me what was your question Dear. Well not a question anymore. About 10min later my contractions started up.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i had been having ctx regularly since about 8pm. i was laying on the couch, so that i wouldn't wake my dh up by getting up and down w/ every ctx. at 230 am, i stood up from the recliner and pop, my water gushed. nothing trickled out after that, but i woke dh up and told him it's time to go. we got into the room at 3am and i had my son at 344am. the reason why nothing trickled out after that is bc his head had completely covered my cervix and the rest of the 'water' came out when he was born and it went everywhere. lol
    oh and i was 37w5d when i had him.

"w/ c-section i am pretty sure they break the bag of waters during surgery (unless it has broken by itself already) and suction it out...?"
    that is correct stefanie. when they open the uterus up, they carefully break the bag of water and suction at the same time. they don't suction it all out, just enough to get the field clean and get the baby out.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:51 AM on Jan. 12, 2010