What to do after Graduation?

My only child is graduating in May, I have devoted my whole life to her and now I'm starting too wonder what I'm going to do. I'm sure many of you have already faced this. I'm very blessed and do not have to work. Of course I have let myself go over the years, gained weight, So I do feel I need to take better care of myself. any advice is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• You solved your own question dear!!! Once your child leaves focus on you and getting back into shape and better health! Work out, hang out with friends and get into hobbies you like. This is the perfect opportunity to be selfish and not have to worry about anything but you!!! :)
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Becoming an empty nester is hard, everyone has suggestions while you are rearing them into adulthood but not to many have any suggestions on what to do after. Keep yourself busy, concentrating on you and your health will be a great start. Volunteer to help others. This is just another phase of your life, embrace it.

Answer by older at 8:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• if your not married i would put myself back out in the world...go to the gym and get my body back, maybe volunteer work, maybe even a part time job a couple of days a week just to have something to do. Just because you dont have to work because you dont need the money doesnt mean you cant do it just for enjoyment or to keep yourself busy...find something you would like.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Go to school. travel, volunteer

Answer by rkoloms at 10:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2010