losing weight

i lost some weight before the holidays then i got sick..i was in the hospital for a while.now im out of sync...whats the best way to lose weight???count calories.atkins diet south beach diet????

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 8:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Counting calories always helped me, but eating calories is a whole different story. I feel as if i have lost my healthy touch, can't do a damn thing to lose any weight & i barely have time to.

Good luck though!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:02 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I did weigth watchers for a bit. you can even do it on line for cheaper. It really helped me to understand my eating habits and what are right portions for food. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I just had a convo w/ my Dr. last Thurs. and she said that of all the books she's read and throughout her prof. experince, only one diet has remained tried and true. She said to stay away from all white food (white bread, white sugar, etc) and eat 5 small high protein, high fiber meals a day. Buy everything whole grain and keep a veggie tray in the fridge at ALL times. She said that when I feel the urge to snack, eat as many veggies as i want or just eat a handful of nuts. I'm on my 3rd day and I never feel hungry since I know I can eat if I want to :-) Good luck!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:55 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• ditto rkoloms.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• You can check here for some more ideas:

New Year, New You!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Well, for me every year after the Holidays I do what is called the 5 day Reset Program. Which I am on day 3 today. Counting calories work for some but it's more to it, atkins, southbeach, isn't for everyone and can cause other damage. You want to find a Low-Glycemic Meal Replacement program that will help rid your cravings and not spike your blood sugar. Good Luck
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 12:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2010