How do you keep your weight loss routine from turning boring.

Many people, including myself, get bored with weight loss endeavors once the weight loss plateaus. How do you keep it entertaining so that long term success is achieved?

34andcounting

Asked by 34andcounting at 9:05 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Find something you like to do! Exercise does NOT have to be slaving away at the gym on the elliptical. Find a 5k or adventure race to train for. Take up rock climbing, canoeing, or cycling. Join an outdoor bootcamp type fitness class. If you are a gym regular, try a new class. Spinning, zumba, belly dancing, anything!

Mix it up and make it fun! Don't be afraid to go out on a limb and try something new and/or a bit out of your comfort zone...you might find that you actually like it!
    runner-mom

Answer by runner-mom at 9:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I agree with pp. Find something you love to do and it won't get boring. I run and do spinning and I love to do both of them therefore I look forward to my workouts. I also think if you treat working out as something you just have to squeeze into your day like anything else you do such as eating or showering, there's no excuse. You have to eat right? You make time for that so make the time to workout.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Life a healthy life, don't diet.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• try new recipes. i am always cutting out new recipes from my magazines. i try to have 2-3 dinners a week that are not chicken so i dont feel like i am eating chicken all the time. out of those 3, 2 is usually non-meat and the other is a different, lean meat, than chicken.
    AgentBrez

Answer by AgentBrez at 4:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2010