Coupon tips, anyone?

Hi, sometimes when at I am at the grocery store I see moms with a book of coupons , I have talked to them and sometimes they have like $150 worth of food and only pay a few bucks for it.I am trying to start is there any tricks or good ideas to help me get started.I have went online & printed some out & cut some from the news paper.
Thanks :)

IloveJesus316

Asked by IloveJesus316 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I only save about $20 every 2 week with coupons, but at least that's something. I know there are ways to save more, but my grocery store doesn't allow it. Get the Sunday paper because there's lots of coupons in there. Check with your grocery store to see when double coupon day is. You can also use two different coupons for one item sometimes. A lot of grocery stores don't allow this any more, but some do. Like if you have $1 off 2 Kellogg cereals and then two$1 off Kelloggs Raisin bran or something, you can get 2 boxes of the Raisin bran for $3 off total. It does take some time each week to organize and clip coupons, but you can save big. I shop at a commissary though and if you have a coupon for one item and try to use another coupon on that same item, it won't let you. .another good way to get coupons is printing them from online. www.boodle.com and www.coupons.com and www.thecouponmom.com are GREAT sites.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I tried going to the boodle.com and it said I wasn't allowed on that server. Hm. Also I know coupons.com does have great coupons but I can't use them because I can't get their printer to install. No matter what I do. Ugh. A lot of sites use their printer though.
    Like if you go to a certain company's site whose products you buy, you can usually print off a coupon from their or email them and request coupons. I like to do that with organic foods that are harder to find coupons for.
    Also check out Redplum.com and smartsource.com They usually have similar coupons though but they are easy to print and you can save a lot. I remember shopping at my commissary and saving like 30$ on one purchase of 200$. It was so awesome. That's free money! I've been slacking lately big time but I'm getting back into it.
    If you do email a company asking for coupons make sure to include your mailing address in the place where you ask them your
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• question or whatever. I did that with one company and they mailed me a booklet of coupons that didn't expire for like a year or so.
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• thegrocerygame.com

Read the boards, do the trial, you'll get information overload in a few hours.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I get a lot of online coupons from ShopAtHome.com. They have all the biggies listed and some that they have investigated from the manufacturer's sites as well. Also ask neighbors or relatives to save their coupons from the Sunday paper if they do not use them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Call/Email your favorite companies and get placed on their promotional mailing lists!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 10:53 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• alot of those people go to stores that except double coupons and where the items allready on sale as well be careful of the on line coupons not all stores except them
    April197208

Answer by April197208 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I used to spend $150 a week on groceries not using coupons. Now that I am using coupons, I spend $50 a week total! I keep track of all of my savings on my blog at couponkeri.com and I use A Full Cup forums to help me with my shopping lists and coupon matchups. www.afullcup.com actually has a neat shopping list feature where you can choose your store, your items with the coupon matchups and print!
    Anonymous