What is your biggest parenting asset?

Something that your kids will remember about you when they are parents.

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 9:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I hope it's that I was tough in the areas of acting with integrity and honesty, fostered responsibility, supported them in positive endeavors and had a great sense of humor doing it! (But, right now, this is probably not how they would describe me~they are too young to appreciate me yet)

dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My police training is a fabulous asset lol. I'm pretty sure they'll remember weird comments I make..like " I don't negotiate with hostages", "STOP RESISTING" and "Don't make me chase you..."
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I am So go with the flow. I do NOT stress the small stuff, but am HUGE on respect. So long as they are respectful, they can pretty much do anything they want.
    rogueflowrchld

Answer by rogueflowrchld at 11:06 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I will parent them regardless of who is watching! I have thrown fits at the store to show them what they look like (3-4 years) I will call them out in front of their friends, I use to drill march them through the parking lots to keep them in like and out from under others tires :) They have heard strangers call me out and seen me stick to my guns. I know this will leave a lasting impression!
    lol
    Marsella

Answer by Marsella at 11:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My biggest asset is my husband. I think my children will look back and say "Wow, we were never able to play mama & daddy against each other. They were always united and supported each other." This is not something that I can say looking back to my parents. I KNEW how to play them. I think that is why I am so in tune to it as a parent.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Probably that I don't yell and always tell her that I love her.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• That I am just plain AWESOME in all the ways that matter.
    Anonymous