I have weird concern.

My daughter is 8 months, she doesn't seem to be getting any taller. She is gaining weight. She has just been the same height for about the last 3 months. So my question is, should I be worried?

katrinad

Asked by katrinad at 9:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 'Height' is really hard to gague for kids that young anyway. You can never get them to stretch out on demand anyway. Height is a useless thing really. Weight is important.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 9:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I think it's normal for babies to grow in spurts. I noticed with my babies they would grow taller in spurts and then fatten up for a while before another spurt. I'd bring it up with the pediatrician at your next visit, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I wouldnt yet. I bet one day she will have a growth spurt and shot right up. But If say another 2 months she is the same then I would call the dr and voice my concerns. this is as long as she is happy and heathy!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 9:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Have you measured her yourself? Because My peds office said my youngest wasn't growing taller and it was just because the nurse measured him wrong. I tried to tell her he was not stretched out and she didn't listen. So on his growth chart he has a steady climb, but one large dip, due to the nurse who is a dip! I wouldn't worry, unless at your next appointment it shows there is no growth.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My kids went through spurts; chunky then taller, chunky then taller. If you are worried about it I would talk to your pediatrician but I doubt there is a problem at all.
    Daylex

Answer by Daylex at 2:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• they all grow at different rates. i think those charts should be thrown out. don't we have people of all natural different shapes and sizes? why shouldn't we grow differently? i think they are looking for failure to thrive, and that is probably not what is going on with yours.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Well I have been measuring her myself and they of course have been at the doctors. I just got very confused because when they did, they came up with 28 inches at her 6 month check up. But when we measured her she was 27 inches and she really hasn't grown more than 1/4 of an inch since then. I don't know what to think. It just seems that she isn't getting taller. I agree that everyone grows differently, so I don't know why I even was concerned. But thanks for all of the responses.
    katrinad

Answer by katrinad at 9:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2010