Is it right for people that are on PA to try to have more kids?

I seen several mother on here that are on PA- FS, cash assistance, medicaid, WIC, trying to have more kids. if you can not feed the kids that you do have; why want more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, it's not right, and that is NOT what PA is for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• no its not right. the government should have a limit on it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Obviously it is not right and the government did have a limit on it. But what are you going to do take kids away, let them starve or force abortion. Stupid isn't something that is easily fixed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• IMO it is not right to actively TTC while receiving any form of PA. The responsible thing to do would be to wait until you can afford to take care of the family you already have before adding to it. To me this is abuse of the system with an underlying case of entiltement; it is selfish.
    Anonymous

• Couple the giving of PA with mandatory Depo shots.You want more kids,go off PA then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I get PA and stopped at 3. I finally found a doctor who would do one at 21, but he said he felt so guilty performing a tubal on someone so young I was his last 21 year old patient. He bumped it up to 25 and 3 kids. And surprising as it may seem, being on PA doesn't always mean no job and life spent popping out kids. My husband works and I'm getting ready to attend CNA classes. Where I live you have to make $2100/month to not qualify for stamps with a family of 5. Even if you make more than that, you still qualify for Medical card. So while it may seem living off PA is so easy, I'd like to know how they do it. It's a life saver when the kids are sick and need food, but I have no clue how others live extravagantly off it.

And you only get cash if your baby is under 1. Then you still get it, but PA sends you out to earn it. I know because my friend stopped getting it because she didn't want to go out and work. Sad.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I agree that there should be some sort of "plan" for the people who are on assistance. Maybe they should be the ones out shoveling snow, and/or cleaning the highways and such. I do not believe that anyone on any form of assistance (outside of WIC) should be pro-creating!!! Accidents happen, but why not keep having kids when the government pays these people to stay home and DO NOTHING! It is NOT RESPONSIBLE to keep having more kids when you cannot take care of the ones that you already have. There IS work to be done, and the people who are physically able to have a job should have to work for their assistance. Also, there should be random drug and alcohol test for ANYONE on assistance! If you have the $$ to pay for drugs and/or alcohol....you DO NOT NEED our assistance!!!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 9:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Well, personally I don't think anyone has the RIGHT to have children, it's a privlage. I also feel that if a family is struggling financially and are barely making ends meet, then it's only smart to hold off on expanding that family untill their financial situation is better. It's common sense really
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Well its really not a right or wrong thing. Its an opinion based question. even the question is murder wrong? is opinion based once circumstances come into play. I would never suggest that someone having trouble makeing ends meet purposely throw out the pill and start picking out baby names! However many families will NEVER be financially where they want to be to start having kids. Sometimes you just gotta live life and make it meet in the middle. Im not sure why people worry so much about it when your taxes are going to come out regardless. weather susie q gets it or donald duck, the recipitants can change but that doesnt mean we should follow suit and hate who ever gets em. yes there are lazy people on pa but that doestn speak for everyone. there are ghetto blacks, nerdy whites , gansta mexicans and lazy PA recievers.
    Ritethstyme

Answer by Ritethstyme at 10:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I am a single mom of two kids....NOT my fault. Anyway, I work and pay my taxes and am on state insurance. I would NOT have anymore kids at this time because it would be completely unfair and unreasonable to NOT be able to provide for them the way I think they should be provided for.
    rogueflowrchld

Answer by rogueflowrchld at 10:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2010