How quick is the healing after having your tubes tied?

I'm going soon to have a consultation with my OB about having mine tied. In 3 years I had 3 kids and really think...know that I'd prefer to stop. Yes I know that there are other forms of birth control but would like to make sure that there are no "happy accidents." I love my kids but want to shut the factory doors. My DH sort of thought about having surgery but it was a quick conversation. So, someone needs to be responsible. When I have the surgery, how long will it take to heal? Everyone different which if fine. But with having kids, was it harder to heal? My DH isn't taking extra time off to help. He'll probably take the first day off. Or if I can schedule it on a Friday that will buy me a couple of days and he can go back to work on Monday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Health

• I had my tubes tied the day after I had my last baby. It took me a couple extra days to get back to my normal self. I was moving very slow, but for the most part it was pretty easy.
    froggymommaof3

Answer by froggymommaof3 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I would like to know this one as well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I went to see the OB today and he pretty much agreed. He compared the surgery to having a small cut on arm. He said the insision was very small and if I had surgery Friday, Monday I can go back to work.

Anonymous