I am wanting to get tubes tied

I am going to be trying to have another baby we are waiting to try until the summer time and I want that one to be my last. So my question is how long does it take for you to heal after having it done? And when you get it done what meds do they give you? The reason I ask is cause I donot want an epidural and someone said they give you an epidural to tie your tubes? Are there other ways to tying them rather than getting the epidural? And one other question do they do it that day before you leave the hospital when do they do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I HAD MINE DONE IT WAS A SAME DAY PROCEDURE THEY DO GIVE U MEDICINE BUT IT WAS THROUGH IV NOT AN EPIDURAL AND IT ONLY TOOK ME A FEW DAYS I WENT BACK TO WORK DA NEXT 2 DAYS AND I HAD A 3YR OLD A 13MONTH OLD AND A 2MONTH OLD TO TAKE CARE OF AT HOME
    lilmechi225

Answer by lilmechi225 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• When I had my tubes tied the put me under Anastesiea. I was in and out of the hospital that same day. Also they tied my tubes laproscopicly (unsure how to spell it) Meaning through 2 small incisions trough my belly button. I was pretty tired all day but didn't really hurt. At the time I had it done I had a 3 month old and a 1 yr old. Was still able to take care of them. Hope this helped you out. Good Luck
    toriturtle

Answer by toriturtle at 9:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I had my tubes tied when my 3rd child was born. He was a c-section, so they tied the tubes right away. (I had a spinal block -- not epidural). As for pain meds I was on ibuprofen and an Rx medicine-- although I did not take them very much once I was out of the hospital. I don't know what the exact healing time for a tubal is, since I also had the c-section surgery to recover from.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• An epidural is the easiest way really, especially right after delivering your last child. If you were to do it a year after your last child then you would be put under a general anesthesia
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:07 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i had my tubes tied when i had my daughter. the day after delivery they did it laposcopicly and i was under anastisia. the following day i was out of the hospital. the only meds i was on was ibuprofen and rx meds and thats it. after i left the hospital i didnt take anything but ibupropen for a couple days but that was more for the post delivery pain. i didnt have any problems careing for my kids and after about a week or two i was healed.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• my tubes were tied after my second son was born. I had him c-section so they did it right after he was taken out. They gave me no meds.....aside from pain meds and honestly it heals pretty quick....I didn't notice any pain aside from the c-section but that's normal....otherwise my body is just fine.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I was going to get mine done and was told it takes 6 weeks to heal I ended up backing out so after baby is born I'm getting an IUD
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 3:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2010