Where is a good store to buy a supportive nursing bra for a size 42D?

Just curious if any of you larger busted mama's have found a good supportive bra out there? Any help is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did not like nursing bra's. the hooks always broke of never stayed closed. I just went to Lane Brant and got the bra's that did not have wires in them and when I nursed I would just lift the bra up and breast feed.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Lane Bryant has the best ones. I don't use the nursing bra's either. But I love Lane Bryant bras. Motherhood maternity stores have pretty good ones too.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 10:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• motherhood maternity has some great bras. the stores that have plus size go up to 46 and usually up to a F. stores that don't have plus go up to a 40E some bras up to a F. if you're a 42 now and still pregnant, i would go ahead and just get a 40. you rib cage will go back down after birth (slowly but surely it will). also, online they go up to an H. i would check it out. go to a store and try on what's comfortable for you.
    btw, i wear a 36F and have to go online for that size, but they are very comfortable and supportive.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:40 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• playtex has some great ones. but check your sizing.....I used to be a 40D and never fit anything - try a 38 DD or DDD you'll probably fit MUCH better. I'm now in a 36DDD
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:11 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Motherhood, Motherwear http://motherwear.com , JCPenneys and Bravado http://www.bravadodesigns.com/ have some great nursing bras too:)
    From everything I know, Lane Bryant does not offer nursing bras at all. I wear a 42 E now and will need an F cup when nursing- I have only found a couple that will work for me... Good Luck!
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 11:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I currently use the cacique bras from lane bryant, but I always have worn underwire. I saw the ones on motherhood, but I don't want to buy any until I know how supportive they are. We don't have a motherhood maternity here where i live.. or ANY good maternity store for that matter. So I kind of just was checking to see what brand/style other ladies have used that worked for them.
    Anonymous