my x wants 2 take our 3yr old son but my son doesn't want 2 go he tell me all the time daddy mean 2 me when I ask how he said he treat my sister nice and yell at what should I do

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 10:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Do you have a court order telling you you have to let him go? If so, you don't have a choice-you'll have to go through proper channels and find out if there is physical or mental abuse. You can ask for supervised visits. If you don't have a court order, don't let him go and talk to your ex about what is going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I never made my kids go if they didn't want to go. My grandson was four when he told me his dad was mean to him and he didn't want to go. I told him he didn't have to go see his dad again and when dad opened his mouth I told him to call a cop and we'd deal with it in court. He didn't push it. I agree that unless the Court says he has to go then I would not make him go

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't make him go either. Contact legal services to find out what to do about how your son is treated. Maybe they can do supervised or something. Have you talked to his dad about it? Do you already know that he is an abusive person?
    Kimi258

Answer by Kimi258 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I agree he shouldnt be made to go but talk to his dad tell him he doesnt want to go because he feels your a little unfair to him and ask if you could bring him to the hous efeel free to drop by a "blanket he cant live with out " un expectively so you can see how things are going. Or let him skip a couple visits and see if he starts to miss the time spent with his dad if none of that works then by all means take it to the judge for his consideration
    April197208

Answer by April197208 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 15, 2010