need ideas for childs school project .they are 10ear old twins .help!!!

ok they are ten year old and the school wants a science project. need ideas of things to do . they have put gum drops in water to see if the drops are water solable . need more ideas and things to do .

sugarsmom2

Asked by sugarsmom2 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Do 10-year-olds learn about photosynthesis these days? I don't remember how old I was, but I submitted a project that asked "Do Plants Grow Faster In Sunlight or Artificial Light?". I grew some lima beans in the sun, and had a few in my closet under an aquarium light for a few weeks. You could grow grass if you need it sooner. Just an idea! :-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• http://www.free-science-fair-projects.com/Science-Fair-Projects-Search.aspx?Grade=5&Category=All

Here is a website that i used when i was in school. You can also google science projects for their grade and there will be a bunch of websites that you can check.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i did one once testing how quickly certain liquids boil. i think i did milk and water. i did another with popcorn, i think i got like 3 different brands and tested which popped the best at like 2 minutes or something. i cant remember exactly it was like 15 years ago lol :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I am sure that the school gave them a list of resources.

This is from the Chicago Public Schools: http://www.chicagostudentsciencefair.org/

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• rkoloms: thanks for the site. My son has a science fair project to do and a social studies project that is his entire 3rd quarter grade for 8th grade. My son's school doesn't give the kids resources, it is all up to them to find a project, conduct it and do the display board on it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• put mentos in diet cola......and explain what causes the reaction.....thats what i would do....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• kenzie - that was my science fair project in 6th grade!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• oh i was 11 or 12 wen i did my exit project on GM FOODS which are genetically modified foods....farmers put pesticides in our foods to grow faste and keep bugs away from eating them but then thats chemicals in our food and it has a whole history...ders no experiment involved really but its really interesting.. the teacher tgave us topics but if we had ideas we can bring them up...i was never even tought about GM FOODS i saw it on a tv show and got intrested..its pretty intesresting...u kan give it a try...i had a pster board wit colorful fact etc.
    preqopiixiie

Answer by preqopiixiie at 3:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• thank you all for the help. you can be sure i will put your ideas to good use . I moved to south carl. from west virginia and we did not do anything like this is our old school system . i will file all ideas and again . I thank you all .. we have three boys and they all need to have at some point . the twins are the oldest they have a younger brother so these will be used for all .
    sugarsmom2

Answer by sugarsmom2 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2010