getting out of utah

How do I convince my husband that we need to move out of utah,the dry climate is terrible for both mine and my kids allergies,and the pollution in the air is unbelievably aweful in the winter and summer months. I'm originally from california and lived close to the ocean down in sandiego. I would love to move somewhere that has lots of trees,but somewhere that has a moist climate. I wouldnt ever move back to california its way too expensive, I like the way it looks back east though. My husband is 55 and say our home is here in utah he is just so stuck here..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wrote my DH a long letter expressing how I felt when I wanted to move our family to Texas. Then we sat down together and mapped out the pros and cons. Now, here we are in Texas! A happy wife is a happy life. It was very difficult...He was born in Mass. and ALL of his family lives there, so, I was thrilled when he agreed to move. All the best!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I went there once and it looked beautiful to me.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I don't know how you would convince him rally- except to remind him how we have the worst air...and with me having athsma- and pretty constant allergies here - I annot WAIT to get out of here. Lucky for me-we have decided to move to Texas in the next 6 months. I have been in Utah jsut over 2 years and I hate it here- the mountains are pretty but honestly I have never been as unhealthy as I have been since we got here- it is also TOO COLD for TOO LONG here...besides other reasons...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• If you really want to move badly enough. And you have a education/job to do it. Look for jobs in different states on line. And if you can get hired for one. Tell your DH "Me and the kids are moving to _____."

Answer by louise2 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I love Utah. We want to move there so bad. I love that clear smell in the air, the snow, everything.
    I guess just talk to him
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• *stupid typos- you know what I meant ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• If you have allergies don't pick Missouri! I suffer all year around. Maybe look up the best places to live for good health. You might be surprised at what you find. Then show your Hubby what you've come up with.. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• The best places to live for good health is somewhere dry and warm, a desert climate.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I guess Nevada (where I live anyways) would be a bad idea too lol... maybe just explain to him the health issues it's causing you and the kids and you don't feel like you can handle it anymore. Hopefully he will change his mind. GL
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• You just have to keep talking to him. It took me almost 10 years to convince my husband to leave CA, but we finally did and it's so much better somewhere else. Generally, I don't like to nag, but for this, I sure did.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2010