baby shower diss

I invited several friends to my baby shower, about 15 people and 6 people came I had one tell me (also my childs babysitter) she was busy but then her myspace post talk all about staying home with her new b/f i had asked her to hand out 2 invatations to her roommate and friend she see everyday she told me the day before the shower she forgot but knows there busy so they wont come. I had one promise she'd be there then i call the day of the shower no answer she still hasnt called me back since saturday. It makes me sad i invited people who mean something and get dissed even though threw out being pregnant they say they will be there for me if i need anything. Is it ok to be upset???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its a little tacky to throw your own baby shower..That is like begging for gifts..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• They dont have to go. It isnt a "diss" IMO makes you sound greedy like you were entitled to gifts.

I had a baby shower 2 people came, I was just fine and happy with that.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• You don't throw yourself a baby shower.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• you sound a little self centered and selfish. its not about the gifts. i think maybe they didnt show up b/c you do sound demanding and want want want. idk.. but i dont think you should have set up your own baby shower. it is tacky in a way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• you set up a baby shower for yourself? maybe thats why no one showed up. you sound greedy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• There is a LOT wrong with this picture. A) I agree, you don't throw your own baby shower! B) You / whoever was throwing your shower should have MAILED invites to whomever you were inviting. C) I wouldn't take offense to those people not coming, obviously they aren't as good of friends as you thought. I'd drop them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I'm sorry you got such nasty answers. People saying they will come to an event, any event, then no show, avoid calls and lie are beyond tacky. And no most people don't throw their own showers but then again not eveyone knows nice people who are grown up enough to do that. As for "begging for gifts", that is basically what a shower looks like anyway, no matter who throws it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• It's TACKY you all just assumed I threw my own shower my mother threw it for me at her house thats why i'm upset she went threw all that trouble planning on all these people since the words RSVP means nothing to anyone now days she spentwhy money on people who never came or called!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• So people can set up their own housewarming parties, birthday parties, wedding receptions, and christenings/baptisms and expect gifts, but not baby showers? I think it's really rude when people who are invited to something say they'll come then drop out at the last second. If they had a problem with it, they should have said so in the first place. I realize that you didn't say a word about gifts and am guessing it's the feeling behind it. Any type or celebration that is thrown and basically ignored is a reason to feel bad. I'd be offended if people said yeah, I'll be there for you but really meant, I'll be there for you at MY convenience.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I could care less if they got me something it wasnt about that to me the shower was to show support for your pregnancy that those people will be there for you if you need anything so i guess who came to my party are the true people i can count on
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2010