how to get of a cold sore, when everything i put on it breaks it out worse?

I have a cold sore that i get everytime i get stressed out and it hurts really bad. I cant put anything on it because it makes it break out more. I dont know what to do, it is also hard to be seen with it. ANY ADVICE???

armywife698959

Asked by armywife698959 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Health

• There's something you can order off the internet called MerJo. Best stuff I ever bought. My daughter used it because she was always getting cold sores and it worked for her. As a side benefit it also helped clear up her acne. The main ingrediant is bees wax so you might be able to get some of that.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• perodix was the only thing that ever worked for me just dap a little on a qtip and on the sore everytime you feel it getting dry took about 2days max to clear them up and know i take a pill called L-Lysine(yes thats how it spelled) and havent had one in almost 2years....good luck
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I've always drained mine and then cleaned it good with an antiseptic.They dry up fast that way.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• L-lysine is good, they even have it in ointment form at many health food stores including GNC. If it is bad and not clearing up within 10 days, you may need to go to the doctor and get an anti-viral.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2010