What do you think about parents smoking pot?

They don't do it around their daughter but I don't think that makes it okay. It is a DRUG. Their daughter has multiple problems. When she was born she had a cleft lip & palate and a hole in her heart.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Health

• It is less harmful than alcohol; both do impair judgement

Answer by rkoloms at 11:28 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• All the prescribed pills people are hooked on a way worse thasn marijuana..It is a natural plant from the earth and put here by GOD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Both of those have nothing to do with smoking pot. I think you should just mind your own business. It doesn't make them bad people. Just do what works for your life and don't worry about it. We all have done or do things that we probably shouldn't do as parents. No one is %100. If the child is happy, healthy, safe, it's really not any concern of mine,
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i just believe that there is a point in time in life when you need to wake up, grow up and leave the "party" life behind. Its not an argument of whether pot is harmful. It's about realizing you are now a parent and with that comes the responsibility to make the right choices. It is illegal and what are you saying to your child, it is ok to do something illigal just because it is fun. It doesn't mean quit having fun, it just means find better ways to do it.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Ok...personally, I think parents doing ANY type of drug that is not legally prescribed is wrong.It is simply irresponsible.Whether the parent(s) do the drug(s) around the child or not simply does NOT make a difference.I agree, at some point in everyone's life there comes a time when you need to wake up and realize what is really more important...that your teenage years are gone and you should be more focused on your children and their needs. My daughter's father smokes pot and has been arrested for possession of marijuana twice, first time the charges were dismissed, however, the second time around was in the middle of a custody battle and it was FATHER'S DAY!!This time he didn't get so lucky...now being even more irresponsible, he was non-compliant with the programs the court ordered him to attend and now he'll be serving 15 days straight in jail.
    Lesson learned? I'm sure the answer is NO.
    SIMPLY IRRESPONSIBLE! Case closed!
    camzma0407

Answer by camzma0407 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• To some people(not myself) pot smoking is actually a huge part of their lifestyle and isn't always used just to "party". Stop generalizing people. Should we teach our kids that we should follow laws even if they go against what you believe in? Our kids learn about the prohibition and how people bootlegged booze in school, and alcohol is now legal. Not everyone who smokes pot has a party lifestyle. What I say to my child, it will be legal one day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• You seriously think that smoking away from your kids is no better than around them? You need to get your ideals straight before you pass judgement, especially lacking education. Half of our US presidents smoked pot......were they partiers?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• as the wife of a police officer, having a "lifestyle" that involves smoking pot only leads to the corrupt individuals that my husband arrests on a daily basis. the ones that view thier personal law breaking as ok, the ones that allow their kids to grow up in a home where they think that it is ok and then one day becoming the next arrest. It is irresposible on so many levels, and to those that think that smoking weed as a lifestyle is ok are seriously warped and maybe need to lay off the dope for a bit and see the world as it is, and not how they perceive it to be. drugs of any kind lead to a life of denial. And i can say this because i once was there. i never hurt anyone...it was my personal choice, but that personal choise outwardly affected way more than i ever could imagine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• As the wife of a police officer I think you are a little close minded, brain washed and have some issues with superiority. If you married an abortion doctor you'd be for abortion, if you marry a politician you are on his side. News flash honey, there are millions of people who hve never been arrested for pot and the ones who have go right back to it when they get out because they can't stop them, law or no law.
    Anonymous

• corrupt individuals.....you know what screw you. If your kid gets into the wrong crowd and gets busted with pot, will he be a corrupt individual too? Or a human being because daddy is a cop. Seriously, you can say it will never happen all you want, they still have choices.
    Anonymous