What do i do if my marriage is falling apart?

Between daddy working all day and me staying home with Landon, our marriage is getting rocky; so rocky that we have both admitted to being unhappy. we have sat down and talked so many times about how we feel or more of how i feel like he doesnt spend enough time or take his part of the responsibility of Landon. I stay home, cooking and cleaning as much as i can while taking care of Landon. Daddy comes home fustrated from work everyday, huffing and puffing then does his research and plays games while Landon and i sleep. he also on occasion goes out for drinks with a person (a co worker from work, who is a girl) and spends money we dont have, and hours that could be spent with the family.
We have recently talked about how we both feel and we have discussed our options. my one and only option is to work it out, his option was maybe taking a break. he has had the thought of ending all together.
What do i do? I want this to work!

Chrisie1201

Asked by Chrisie1201 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I would call my insurance provider and ask if they cover marriage counseling. Most do. Its worth a shot :-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I think you have already lost him..I would no way allow my husband to go out to a bar with another girl...And the fact that he told you he went out with her shows you he does not even care enough to lie about it..See if he will try counseling or just move on you can't make someone love you if they fallen out of love..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Seriously... work it out. I know it takes both sides working on it but hey, it has to start somewhere. When was the last time you went on a date together? If money is the issue with that then wait until the little one is asleep and have a nice homemade candlelight dinner just the two of you... put on a sexy dress and some nice music and have a great time. The other day my husband and I stayed up late together, curled up next to each other in the living room and watched a movie together. There are a lot of possibilities. It sounds like you've just drifted a bit and drifting can ALWAYS be reversed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I feel I'm in the same boat, except for going out with another girl. If he did I wouldn't be able to tolerate it. I hope we both figure a solution.
    rlemde

Answer by rlemde at 11:51 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• thanks girls.
    i honestly dont like the fact that he goes out with this girl. i know that he isnt cheating on me but the fact that he just abandons his family to feed his needs and not ours, just bugs the crap put of me. i tell him every single time he goes out that i wish he would spend more time with us and he pulls an attitude and says he'll stay, but then as a weak person, i give in and let him go. i mean he does work all day and he does deserve a drink with a friend every once in a while, right? am i too nice to let him go with a person i am not a fan of?
    i just feel so alone in this relationship. like he doesnt see me anymore like he use to. he dowsnt acknowledge how beautiful or amazing i am anymore, he use to do it all the time. i feel like he has changed, and i know he is trying to change himself for work, to better improve himself, but he is also changing the man i fell in love with, who i dont wanna lose.
    Chrisie1201

Answer by Chrisie1201 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• No offense. But usually if a man is spending time with a girl from work then he is usually cheating or thinking seriously about it.

If my marriage became rocky, which it has we worked through it. I refuse to divorce.

I don't have any advice.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 4:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• He wants to take a break so he can go test the waters with the female co-worker..
    Anonymous

• One more thing.. never say 'I KNOW he's not cheating on me".. you are setting yourself up for failure. There is no reason for him to go out to a bar with a female co-worker.
    Anonymous