city hall meetings for sex offenders....

has anyone actually gone to one before? can someone brief me on the details and objective?

about 7 months ago we moved from a large suburb of minneapolis/saint paul and had zero sex offenders in our town. We moved then to a sleepy northern city of 17,000 and there were 2 when we moved here, 1 more in the summer, a 4th before christmas and now a new one coming in a few weeks, the meeting is friday....

I am considering going but I am SO hotheaded about this, perhaps it's a bad choice.

Anyone else attend one? I'd like to know what to expect

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:28 AM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Meeting about sex offenders?

I would go, and take notes.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• too bad there aren't meetings about hot-headed suburban moms who don't mind their own business...it's their right to live wherever as long as they are following the rules (there are some rules about where some sex offenders can and can't live) and people mobbing them is wrong! whether they think it's for a good cause or not! not 100% of people did something wrong just bc they got blamed and put away for it. what if that person wasn't actually guilty and you're stoning them anyway?
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2010