could dr be wrong about a pregnancy loss?

well, I posted a few questions this week (no baby on ultrasound and still hope?) and i went to the dr yesterday and he said it was a miscarrage. They didn't see any sac on the original ultrasound so I guess they based it on the fact that I was bleeding. I know that bleeding can be normal in early pregnancy but mine was accompanied by clots (which I guess is the sign of a miscarrage). The thing that I thought was weird though was that the dr immediately ordered me a D&C for the very next morning (today). He didn't even check blood levels or anything and didnt even tell me to wait it out a few days to see if nature takes its course. He said he ordered it becuase there is still a lot of tissue in there ( but I was only bleeding heavy for one day so no duh there would still be a lot in there). I decided to cancle the proceedure and just see what happens. This morning I had no clots and hardly any bleeding. Do I need the D&C or...

Jen110786

Asked by Jen110786 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I hope your still not hoping there is a baby in there..I would get the dc just to make sure everything is out, cause it could get infected if not..You can try for another in a couple months..
    Anonymous

• my friend had that and she was 10 weeks, baby no heart beat and couldnt find it cus it wasnt growing right. i also had a miscarry. and didnt go to the doc and ended up bleeding for an entire month. the clots were everyday. The doc is usually always right. it can make you sick if it stays in. maybe even preclampsia. so GO TO THE D&C!!!!!!!!!!! Save your self
    Anonymous

• your probably just in denial. go to the d&c.
    Anonymous

• someone in a group, can't remember who it was, or which group, posted about how she was scheduled for a d&c and didn't feel right about it... and now her daughter is a healthy 2 year old... i think it's likely that the doctor is right but get a 2nd opinion that way you can be sure :)
    Anonymous

• You need to get a D&C asap. The bacteria left over can make you really sick. I know you are hurting, but doctors are hardly ever wrong. If need be I would go to the hopsital and get a second opinion, but any doctor will tell you the same thing. Light bleeding in the beginning of pregnancy can be normal, but heavy bleeding with clots is never normal. I am so sorry for you loss, but please have this checked out asap. If you don't get a D&C soon you may never be able to have any more kids, it can cause serious damage.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry this has happened to you but you do need to go and have the D&C done. You can become really sick. & if you ever want a normal pregnancy you'll have it done. If you need to talk to someone I suggest that too. Losing a child is never easy even if its just a short time. GL & God Bless
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i would not do a d&c. it does not make sense that the body would not get rid of anything left behind. I am sure it is very rare that the body does not deal with this properly. if i had an inexplicable fever, i might consider getting a d&c. i too have heard many stories of women not getting the d&c and going on to have their baby! I also know of someone whose life was changed forever b/c of a d&c gone wrong.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• well thats weird.. I just clicked on her profile and it says this poster is not a member... Wonder why?? Just wanted to check to see how she is doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2010