Ok so this is what going on, what do you think?

Ok so im not new at the whole baby thing but im new when it comes to breastfeeding. I am feeding my 5 month old and i know that when you breastfeed a baby you dont get your period. Well I have been having lots of cramp and pmsing like crazy or something close to it but i havent started. So I guess what im wondering if anyone else gone thru it and do you think its a sign that im going to have that lovely time of the month again? Thanks a bunch

tristinsmommy

Asked by tristinsmommy at 12:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like signs of a .
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• When your breast feeding you do get a period its just that it comes much later than someone who isnt bf.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Yes, you do get your period when you breastfeed (unless you are pregnant). I started getting regular periods when my exclusively breastfed baby was eight weeks old.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• some people do get a period while breastfeeding. i didn't until my son weaned, my friend did when her son was 3 months old. it all depends on your body.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I didn't get mine with my 1st until 10 or 11 months - but I'd say the cramping is a sign that it's coming. I would notice about once a month while breastfeeding that I would feel that way esp. in the few months leading up to when I got it...you might get lucky and go a few months more. My 2nd is 4 1/2 months and no signs of it yet!
    Val1313

Answer by Val1313 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2010