Beastfeeding mommas

Did you know that Target 100 percent allows breastfeeding. I work there and we just had a class that stated Target supports breastfeeding and while allowing women privacy to use the fittting room that we can not stop anyone woman from breastfeeding anywhere in the store or ask her to cover up. In any state.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is WAY more progressive than I would have expected! Woohoo to Target!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 12:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I actually DID know that! I love Target! Wal-Mart has always allowed me to use the changing room as well but I' don't know if that is a company or a store level thing for them...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Probably as a backlash for the breastfeeding mother in Target who was told to leave by management.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• At the bank where I worked (In the accounting offices) they had a room for pumping and saving breast milk to take home with them.. If it was being used, then one of the women who had an office would share her office for the time the mom needed to pump. Of course, we didn't bring babies to work. LOL.
    I am glad that Target has a breast feeding space available. Target is a great company!
    Anonymous

• That's great!
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 12:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• no store can ask you to leave for breastfeeding, even if your nipples are showing. its ILLEGAL
    raenicole88

Answer by raenicole88 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

Only in 48 states.
    Anonymous

• I agree that it is probably due to the lady that was forced to leave a Target for breastfeeding. I believe she also had the cops called on her.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Target had that policy all along. Sometimes managers screw up.
    Anonymous

• i have never had a problem breastfeeding in public. after my twins were born my mil and i would each push a double stroller to target. the big boys would get a little toy, and the babies would breast fed in the little cafe area. we went there a lot. i don't see how anyone could find it offensive. it is very natural. it is a shame those policies even have to be written. we should just be allowed to feed our babies!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2010