90% of people on welfare do drugs?!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/pages/Making-Drug-Tests-required-to-Get-Welfare/170211991858?ref=nf

You will see a comment, by a lady making this statement. Do you believe this comment?

REMEMBER: I am not asking if there are some people on welfare that do drugs, because chances are, they do. I am asking if you believe that 90% is an accurate assumption.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I HIGHLY doubt that is accurate. There is no way to tell because there is NO accountability and everyone on PA is not tested.

I would be willing to bet it is around the 50% mark tho. And I am a HUGE advocate of everyone on PA being tested and having their benefits revoked should drugs be found. I think it would make people think TWICE before taking advantage of the system. If you aren't doing drugs, then you don't have anything to worry about, right??
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I would say that is not very accurate.

Answer by older at 12:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I believe it..I think you should be drug tested to get on PA and be put on birth control..
    Anonymous

• That's laughable.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• definitely not accurate at all!
    Anonymous

• I believe that assuming makes an ASS out of you. I am all for drug testing welfare participants. However just as many people that are not on welfare do drugs too.
    Anonymous

• Wow, I would think people like rockstars and celbs have more access than people on wefare. I'm on drugs and I'm not on welfare...tee hee
    Anonymous

• Anon 31, do you truly believe that nonsense or do you want to believe it because of the anger you have for welfare recipients?
    Anonymous

• 90%? No way is that accurate. I dont beleive that at all.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I do not believe that. We need someone to find out how many people in the U.S. are on PA and then apply that 90% theory. Then we'll see how many out of 10 are supposedly on drugs.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2010