A moral Atheist will go to Hell but an immoral Christian won't because they accepted Christ?

Hmmm...I'm puzzled. I know that there are many good people, from all religions and backgrounds. But reading a question about Hell got me thinking, what kind of God sends good people to Hell for forsaking him and bad people to Heaven for accepting him? It's sad to think a loving, giving person with no religion will go to Hell when a child-raping Christian can repent on his/her deathbed and go to Heaven. I can't appreciate a god who runs his religion that way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree with you on that !!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Doesn't make a lot of sense does it?
    Anonymous

• Good luck on the replies you get. I scratch my head at these things all the time.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• yep, that one has confused me for a while now.

I don't have answer for you though

Anonymous

• One of the several reasons why I don't embrace any religion.

Its a pretty skewed view isn't it?
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 12:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• yup- in fact I was trying to point this out last night on another question...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• It is all about Grace and Repentance. I don't believe that any 'TRUE' Christians can be immoral. God knows our hearts, and knows if we accept Him if we truly mean and believe it. If we do, then our lives will change.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I agree with you, it doesn't make sense. In my religion (Buddhism), there is no repentance; if you do good, you receive good. If you're evil, you receive the same. Seems fair to me. There is no person that can absolve you of your sins, it's on you to make good decisions.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Who said all the Christians are going to heaven? Bad people with any religion will go to hell. And the good person without any religion are going to hell cuz the biggest good thing is believing God. If you don't believe in God, does not matter how good you are.
    Anonymous

• Gee Anon@ 1244, I might as well pack my bags for Hell now. I don't believe in the imaginary guy in the sky stuff. I wonder if I can find an SPF HELL somewhere.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 12:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2010