Can a baby be TOO calm?

I just started worrying because since Sunday morning my baby has been extremely relaxed. He still smiles and looks at his toys, but he's not fussing or crying. Should I just count my blessings? He's almost 3 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OMG... count your blessings.. My son was a crying nightmare for the first 5 months ALL DAY, then whined and cried til 17 months all day long.. I NEVER saw him laying there relaxed... not once....So yes... enjoy every minute of it
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Count your blessings. My son was that way at first but then it all went down hill. Now he is 7 months old and he is crazy!
    Anonymous

• Count your blessings.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Sure, you should count your blessings. As long as your baby is not :LETHARGIC, then I believe it is fine.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 12:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I concur.. as long as he's still doing everything else normally, no crying or fussing is great! Enjoy it : )
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 1:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I'm not so sure. If it is something that you have noticed then your baby may have a medical or developmental issue. Try to think about any things that led up to this time - illness, immunizations, change in routine, letting baby cio, anything. Are you sure your baby is hearing. If hearing seems to be a problem when you check, don't panic right away because it could just be wax buildup.

I think parents should be more worried about the babies that are too calm, passive, sleep through the night, and sleep easily by themselves than the babies that cry a lot and let their needs/wishes be known. Survival is hardwired in babies brains. If the behavior continues talk to the baby's doctor and make sure the doctor listens.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2010