Is anyone getting less in taxes than last year?

I keep hearing people say that tax returns are crappy this year, is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• Return?...HA HA HA, what a joke. We haven't gotten a dime back in years. We are heavily penalized by tax bracket. Why? Because we started with nothing, busted our butts and grew a thriving business over the last 10 years? What we pay is is insane. Born free and taxed to death.
    Anonymous

• Most people will see a lower refund this year because the federal tax table changed and we now get more in our paychecks. It was one of the first things to happen when the stimulus package came out, It is also something people haven't talked about a whole lot interestingly enough.

The federal tax table got a overhaul last year and once put in place people were averaging $40-100 more on their paychecks. Basically instead of waiting till the end of the year to get the money you got it when you could use it during the year on each paycheck.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Obama screwed up REALLY bad last year, and yes tax returns and bad. He has made everything look so good, but people are having to pay in a lot more.
    Nice Change huh.
    I've had people so dissatified with their return that they go get second opinions from other people (HR Block, Jackson Hewitt Etc..) and come back and said noone is any better.
    Anonymous

• I can honestly say, we are getting MORE this year then last!!
    CouponingMoM

Answer by CouponingMoM at 2:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Thanks to layoffs and working hours being cut from full to part time, I've dropped from middle to lower class income level. I'm getting back twice as much as usual. I'd rather be working my full hours.
    Anonymous

• We're getting back more than we did last year too and we made about the same amount.
    :o
    Anonymous

• I assume we will be getting back less, or may have to pay for the first time in years.
    I only worked 3 months of the year instead of 9 -12 months and most of the tax is normally taken out of my pay.

Too scared to run TurboTax just yet.
    Anonymous