Would you track them?

Would you put a chip in your kid? So you could track them? OR find them if they were lost?

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 1:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Absol-stinkin-lutely!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I think it's a good idea. I'm a foster for cats and dogs and have seen them put into kittens and it's quick and the kittens don't seem to mind. I haven't heard of problems with them in animals. They have been used in animals for many years now.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• We moved to a town where too late to back out of it, there were several sex offenders and in surrounding tons. We considered special watches and also bracelets as tracking devices.

Decided instead that since the towns in question are small and were not rural or in any area around us to instead be more proactive with our own rules of whereabouts. That child in question is now a teen and responsible with checkins of local places. We always meet opposing parents first and discuss seatbelts, smoking, guns, etc.

This way a device hasn't been removed accidently or on purpose causing upsets.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• No. I am not a paranoid freak like so many moms are. Kidnappings are rare and it is far more likely a child will die at the hands of their parents than a kidnapper. I have no plans to murder my children so they are very safe. Watch your children and Gaill cut the cord with your adult children.
    Anonymous