Bearing false witness, this is what Evangelicals do?

http://www.hrcbackstory.org/2010/01/op-ed-bearing-false-witness-in-uganda/

Asked by older at 1:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Being a homosexual is not a sin. Being a hypocritical, over judgemental, insecure worshipper of God is.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 2:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• eye rolling

Anonymous

• Hi Older, I don't think the evangelicals were lying. Their beliefs might be different from yours, but that doesn't mean they were lying. And it is unfair for everyone to call people who come out of the homosexual lifestyle liars. These testimonies don't mean that other people have to stop being gay too, but it gives hope to people who WANT to.

Of course, Evangelicals don't want Uganda to have a homocidal stance toward homosexuality.

By the way, my hubby is at a ministry conference this week and one of the speakers is going to be the head of Exodus International. I am very intested to hear how it goes. If you want I can let you know???
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Yes Cinn, by all means do!
    Cinn, I like you, you are one of the sweetest gals here, but I have to tell you that in the 40 years or so of the so called homosexual plight, not one study has accomplished changing anyone, and as a matter of fact, have been proven to lie, left and right to achieve their goal. There is no changing a homo, a lot of them have God in their lives, but there is no changing of identity, never has and never will.

Answer by older at 1:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Cinn, in a country where homosexuality is already frowned upon, these evangelicals, "posing" as experts, in a country that is not rich in education on the subject, is simply misleading, and wrong in many levels.

Answer by older at 1:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• They may not be the "experts" that the homosexual community would endorse, I will agree with that!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• They went there posing as such, what kind of credibility do they have? They are no experts that anyone in their right mind would endorse.

Answer by older at 1:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Cinn, tell me how can you be an expert on something like homosexuality when the only thing you have to go by are scriptures from the Bible and not have dealt with the actual persons?

Answer by older at 2:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Hey acid, by your own standards your over judgemental ideas of sin makes you a sinner.
    Anonymous

• LOL owned
    Anonymous