Why do so many people say they're raising their kids to be independent, but with every generation kids are getting more and more DEpendent?

Somebodys gotta be lying! Ppl say they're raising smart level-headed individuals that know how to manage money and vote and work and all that jazz! So where are all these honey bee workers that we're raising? All I see is a bunch of 20 year olds pissing away mommy n daddy's money in college, drinking n and getting pregnant and doing drugs, with no drive and work ethic!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Actually, it's the government making the kids dependent. The way the public school system is set up, in addition to assist from Big Pharma, the children are being made more dependent on the parents, the drugs and the state.
    Anonymous

• My 14 year old is much more independent and self-sufficient than I was at that age. I don't know what she will be like in ten years, but I am hopeful

Answer by rkoloms at 1:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Somewhat ironic isn't it. With many of the parents who claim that, what they are actualy doing is raising undiciplined kids.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Some think living on welfare is taking care of themselves so they probably do think they are teaching their kids better.lol

My son is 7 and is a generous and caring boy. He is independent and knows nothing in life is free. I hope that continues since we don't just hand him everything and we both work hard he is seeing what it takes to make it in life. My son goes with me twice a week to help at the Food Bank he enjoys this and has done food drives at his school for the food bank. When a friend of his last month found out he had cancer and they needed 2k for their portion of his surgery. My son with my permission called our neighbors and raised 500 bucks for his friend. He also gave 100 out of his piggy bank to his friend. We gave the additional 1400 bucks we pulled it out of our vacation fund. My son is a great kid.
    Anonymous