4H (posted else where too)

I am lost---I signed my kids up for 4H this fall and it is not like scouts or anything else, that gives you a book and says here this is what we are going to do. I have looked on the internet and I don't know what to even look for. My 4H group only meets once a month and I am not getting the feel for it yet,

My question is what are you kids doing for their 4H projects to enter in the fair?

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 1:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Well I dont know because I signed my son up and then we never got any information and i cant ever seem to get ahold of anyone in charge by phone or email so i have given up and i am waiting till he is old enough for FFA. I never did 4H I only did FFA so I was hoping we could get a jump start with 4 H and I had heard good things about it, so far i am not impressed.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Your community leader(s) should be helping you plug in and giving you information to make you feel welcome. If you're not finding a community leader or some other parents who you can connect with, you may want to find a group that is more welcoming and has better communication with all families. It's really a good organization but unfortunately people run into walls where they find terrible communication and feel excluded even though that goes against what 4H is all about. If the group or club you just joined isn't living up to that expectation maybe you can find another one in your area. I don't know what it's like in other states but in my area in CA there are quite a few active clubs and there's all kinds of fun stuff for the members to do. They are also very much into the leadership aspect of things and older members mentor younger ones. Try to find someone at your county office or maybe google 4H for your area. Good luck!
    TheMom0217

Answer by TheMom0217 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2010