the thing about friends/////

i was reading another post"are you a friend snob"i think my neighbor is.she only is friends with people who are a certain income .and that s fine her businessbut she doesnt like me because i have anxiety and panic attacks. .but she is taking it to a whole new level.she is spreading things around town.her dd does travel soccer.( )but rumor has it they sit around sometimes and talk about me.she spreads rumors that i am a stalker,and i am going to hurt her.this has way spread through out the town.i am afraid to be friends with anyone.thursday is mcas night at theschool.i asked dh if he would take my dd.i am so embarrassed.i dont know what these woman think.all i know is all my friends on facebook from the town are now off because she told them i am stalking them also.i didnt realize how i felt until i read this post.can someone give me some advice?i know ignore her and them..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I just wish I could find friends that I actually have something in common with. I am best friends with my DH and that is it. I often try to meet friends but it seems as if they want to come hang out at my house 24/7 or have me babysit. So that is why I tend not to try to make friends (outside of CM).
    Anonymous

• Well talk to her and let her know if she continues to lie about you and hurt you in that way you will have no choice but to hire an attorney to stop her. I would not allow her to keep you from your child's school events. Gives her credibility and hurts you because you are missing out. If someone says something to you about what she has said let them know she is lying you have nothing against her but the lies she is spreading and leave it alone. If you are stalking her then stop. Had to throw that in sometimes people are crazy. I will admit I am picky about my friends. I don't like people who gossip and are rude. I don't care about income level, religion or where they came from. Friends of mine who were lower income dropped me said I made them feel bad because I live well. I am not sure how to respond to that we do live well and I am not ashamed of it. I don't brag or talk to friends about money. Their issue not mine.

Anonymous