Dating someone bad in bed?

Would u continue to date someone if they couldn't kiss and were bad in bed. (as in the 4 times you've tried to have sex...he's been able to get it up ONCE and couldn't keep it up) He's a GREAT guy otherwise and has amazing potential for a longterm committed relationship....but could u stay with someone u couldn't be sexual with??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I would see it through. Maybe he just needs a little time to be comfortable in a sexual relationship with you. I would give it some more time.
    Anonymous

• Well, I wouldn't be passing too harsh judgment after only trying to have sex 4 times, BUT if things never improved... well, I'm one of those people who believe that sex is just as big a part of a relationship as personality, values, etc. especially in a long term relationship. Sex is a basic human need, and couples argue over it almost as much as money! If your appetites and/or satisfaction levels aren't equal, it will cause lots of stress and tension in your relationship after awhile.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 1:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Oh hell no~!
    Anonymous

• That sucks... I'm sorry. I wouldn't be able to be with someone like that.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Since dating is for the purpose of selecting a marriage partner, I guess your guy wouldn't qualify. What do you expect to happen? Do you expect his condition to improve? Do you expect that you will be able to teach him to respond in the way you desire him to? Do you think that you possess some kind of magic that will transform him into some passionate dude that will fulfill all your wildest dreams? I know this is going to sound really stupid to you, but when I got married in 1965, we didn't try out our husbands the way you do a new car. We didn't take them for test drives, so to speak, or test screws or whatever you might call it. No! We actually looked for guys who were kind, considerate, caring and who we found to be good friends about and beyond all else, who were looking for wives and not just a good screw. We weren't sexually experienced either, so once we were married, we actually learned together. Wonderful!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• my dh married me.We have a great life.we both just have to make considerations for the other.
    Anonymous

• To me it would make a difference how he reacted to the problem. If he was intent on making sure you had a good time and enjoyed yourself, then it would be worth seeing it through. If he dismissed your needs because he couldn't preform, then there is a problem.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• OP here, I think the first responder is right. We "slept" together the first night we met and he kept saying he was nervous. He did make sure I was taken care of though. A few nights later, we tried again and nothing. I spent the night with him that night and we took advantage of his morning erection the following morning. That was the only time we have actually had sex with penetration. When he can't perform, he does met my needs but he keeps apologizing throughout and that drives me nuts! We've only been seeing each other for about 3 wks...so that may be it...he's not comfortable.
    Anonymous