Have you seen this video about the 4 year old and his hair issues?

I hope this has not been talked about already today..If so sorry.
What do you think of this?
I think it's stupid. and if it was my kid I would go ahead and cut his hair cause thats not fair to him. But I see the mothers point too. It's just hair.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/4-year-old-told-he-can-keep-long-hair-with-restrictions-17576666#video=17576666

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Entertainment

• i think these parents are picking a fight that they shouldn't. they should cut his hair and in doing so they would be allowing him to learn in an appropriate enviroment, THE PARENTS ARE KEEPING HIM FROM LEARNING. the school even tried to compromise. it's like saying you can smoke in a non-smoking part of the resturant bc you just can. schools should be able to have rules just like any other public place. no shirt, no shoes, no service! come on people! cut his hair or homeschool or do a private school that doesn't care about his hair.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• That is absurd. Public school systems get more and more rediculous every day. The fact that they are denying this child an actual learning environment and sticking him in a one on one room because he likes HIS HAIR LONG makes my heart break for him. Who cares? Its not green, it cant be THAT distracting.
    If it were my son, I would NOT cut his hair. I would challenge the stupid rule. Schools have way too much freedom these days.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• That is redicilous! It is a public school! I would do what his mom is doing thats just not right. ITS HAIR! It is not disrupting the class.
    Anonymous

• I live in Dallas and heard this on the news this morning. Its rediculous. On the news I heard, the mother stated that the braids give the boy headaches...I wonder if she's changed her story. Anyway, I guess this school system has had other issues as well. Another boy's parents reportedly removed their son from the public system and are now homeschooling b/c the school wouldn't allow the boy to wear skinny pants. Crazy.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I think the school is being ridiculous. Its hair for pitys sake. Its not the be all and end all of the educational experience.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My son is 5 and wants long hair. I have asked many times if I can cut it and he say no. It is just hair. I have said that kids might think he is a girl, but he does not care. I am not a mom who is going to tell her kids how to dress or wear their hair.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 10:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2010